Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tom Waits

I draw alot of inspiration from music and can't work without it. 

One of my favorites is Tom Waits. I absolutely LOVE his music and can listen all day. If you're not familiar with his sound, he's a bit abrasive and velvety at the same time. I love it because it's music that makes you really uncomfortable and ache on the inside...but in a great way...so much that it compels me draw alot! And when I listen, it's like wow, his struggles are my struggles...if only I could draw the lines that sound like his songs!!! 


My favorite Waits. He is magical.

1. Bad as me / Bad as me
2. Young at heart / Orphans
3. Alice / Alice
4. Tango till they're sore / Rain dogs
5. Way down in the Hole (Kronos Quartet) / Healing the Divide


A painting I did for a sketch challenge, which was "Dragon Tamer."

14 comments:

Carrie Liao said...

I seriously love these! The second one might be my favorite, such great gesture! :)

Phil Spehar said...

These are great!! Love the 3rd one!

Ivan Aguirre said...

These are awesome! Love your sleek Line work. So much energy. Love the Inspiration too :)

Priscilla Wong said...

Carrie - Thanks! I always look forward to your posts :)

Phil - Thanks! That one was super fun to draw.

Ivan - You're so sweet! I love your work too!

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Love Tom Waits and love these drawings!! So good :)

Arthur Fong said...

Your drawings make me uncomfortable and ache on the inside... but in a really good way... haha. Siiiiccckkkk...

Jake Panian said...

awesome!!!! :D

Timothy J Lamb said...

knocked it out of the ball park with those ones. great great sketches.

T

Priscilla Wong said...

Meagan- Thanks! I love your comics :D

Arthur- Your work is sick! Can't wait for Croods!

Jake- Thanks!

Tim- I learn from the best--YOU!

nucleusben said...

I love the fluidity.

Ty Carter said...

Beautiful!!

Jason Scheier said...

beautiful paintings as usual Priscilla.

Tyler Stott said...

wonderfullll

chadilaksono said...

Wow, you're really channeling your inner Al Hirschfeld with these Tom Waits. Can I ask what medium you use?