Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer Sketches

I've been keeping two sketchbooks this summer.

It's been a mix of painting, drawing and scrapbooking.

I collect framed insects and small taxidermy and decided to study my Mantis.

I like this spread because a very unhappy 'Wilfred' looks like he's shaming me, "Really? You stuck me here amongst these shitty drawings?" I did it for fun for my Art Director, Tim Lamb.


TimmyTom! My talented art director who I am learning so much from! So awesome he's tearing me a new one :D He currently had pink eye while spewing good advice, so I decided to draw him.

A sideshow act in the Barnaby at Outsidelands--lovely lady on a ten foot unicycle.

My new good friend, Francesco, who I sketch with in the city. He thinks I'm a monster :)

After moving back home, there was crazy mix of turmoil and inspiration. I was cleaning and discovered an old family photo. If it's not obvious, I'm the badass with the pink plastic cake that doubles as a keyboard.

Sound at the moment: Malvina Reynolds - Whats Goin' on Down There

13 comments:

Steph Dere said...

priscilla! your sketchbooks is always such a lovely thing to look at :) Francesco!! there is only one francesco giroldini with a scarf and bun, am I right?? (please say I'm right otherwise it'll be so embarrassing -___-) hope you're doing well :)

Timothy J Lamb said...

greeeeaat greeeat work!

Priscilla Wong said...

Thank you Steph! There's no other pink trousered Francesco. I'm doing great! I hope you're doing well too :) We need to catch up soon!

Priscilla Wong said...

Thanks Art Director Homie!

Xavier Yabut said...

Great work on your sketchbooks, so creative and inspiring!

Sarah said...

Wow, your sketchbooks are filled with such wonderful art! You're very talented. :)

Priscilla Wong said...

Thank you :)

Luke Heathcock said...

You're sketchbook is awesome Priscilla :)

Priscilla Wong said...

Thank you Luke :) Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Priscilla Wong said...

Thank you Luke :) Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Souvanna SOULISACK said...

So awesome sketches and sketchbook, I want one!!!!!!

Souvanna SOULISACK said...

So awesome sketches and sketchbook, I want one!!!!!!

Souvanna SOULISACK said...

So awesome sketches and sketchbook, I want one!!!!!!