Monday, April 25, 2011

Wolf Progress

After getting an awesome and thorough critique from Joel last week, I decided to design out of my comfort zone and reworked my wolf character. In addition to tweaking her design, I wanted to inject much more personality into her. My new 2d designs are bit more silly, telling the same story in a different tone. I will use the old design for the 3d version.

Some of these older images (color and turn around on blue) were from last week. The line drawings are my most recent work. I like the new personality I'm getting in the 2d design--it's also much quicker to draw. The following things can probably be vastly improved: proportion, simplified visual cues hinting at texture/patterns, consistency, tangents and pushing straights vs curves. Most of these drawings are definitely not my strongest work. Nonetheless, failure is apart of learning--and who can complain about drawing cartoons?






5 comments:

Ross Schaner said...

these are beautiful. so glad i found your work!

Priscilla Wong said...

Thank you! :)

francesco giroldini said...

very neat!

Lewis Leong said...

You have grown so much since SOTA, Priscilla! I just subscribed to your feed. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Priscilla Wong said...

Thanks Lewis! Hope you're doing well nowadays :)