Tuesday, January 4, 2011

old BFG work

This was a group project assigned in Nino Navarez's class a year ago that taught me so much. There are definitely tons of mistakes in lighting and design. But I'm still very fond of the concepts behind our work. It would not have been possible without the collaboration of my awesome team mates, Fred Stewart, Alice Wong, Wilbur Liang.
I designed the BFG and his prop like things.
Fred Stewart, brilliant artist, designed all the mean giants.Wilbur designed the human characters except for Sophie, and Fred painted over them.
Alice designed Sophie, her various dos and frocks.

I designed the environment for Sophie's orphanage.
Fred was responsible for Giant Country, the story moment of BFG's visit as well as our version of the flesh-like snozzcumbers.
I had initially turned in a different story moment of the BFG fighting the other giants, but I wasn't happy with it. So I scrapped it and quick painted this and somehow never finished it.
Alice designed the dining room of the Queen's palace. I don't think I have a finished version of it.
I think this was supposed to be Wilbur's story moment. The BFG is savoring his first taste of human food. I was greedy and painted a version for myself.

No comments: