Friday, January 14, 2011

Cinequest Film Festival Spot

For the past few weeks, I had the chance to work on a short film/commercial spot for Cinequest Film Festival directed by David Chai. It was really fun working in a team again and good experience for 2d pipeline production.

The first few images are concept work I designed inspired by UPA style short films. It was a challenge creating character ideations because they had to be general people from the bay area as opposed to a specific person with key characteristics. It was completely different from the way I'm used to working. Working in the UPA style was also incredibly fun! I experimented with breaking the rules--purposeful tangents, line/shape, texture...limiting my visual vocabulary to only a specific set of motifs and shapes.

We had a small team and very little time for turn arounds, so I was responsible for some of the backgrounds, while working with Kimberly Knoll, Wilbur Liang and Christine Nguyen. The animators designed the characters and the last images are color styling specific to the lighting of my scenes.








1 comment:

Angela Lo said...

Good job, Priscilla! I know you spent a lot of your winter break time for this but your hard work shows. I'm excited to see the finished production. :)